Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Tunes: "Ways Not To Lose" by the Wood Brothers

Tuesday Tunes is a new feature of this blog, wherein each Tuesday I mention a CD that happens to be in my player. I'll also try to share a thing or two about why I like the album. No music will be provided on this page, but I'll point you to the artists' web sites for further info. I welcome your comments about the featured music in the comments section.

The Wood Brothers' Ways Not To Lose -- with Oliver Wood on guitar/vocals and Chris Wood bass/vocals, plus Kenny Wollesen on percussion -- is one of those albums that is thoroughly enjoyable but defies an easy label. Folk music, twang, blues, jazz, country, rock, and soul all factor in. My favorite track on the album is "Atlas," which you can hear a sample of on their web site (scroll down toward the bottom of the page). Google the album title, and you'll find a lot of reviews and/or articles, including here, here, here, here, and here.

They have a new album, Loaded, which I haven't heard yet. There's a review of it here.

No comments: