Sunday, November 23, 2008

Author Binge

I'm a "binge" reader. I tend to find an author I like and then read, relatively rapidly, everything she or he has written. I'm currently on an Ann Patchett bender. I recently picked up a copy of Run, and have found it very absorbing. I'm about halfway through. I took a short break to read Truth & Beauty, her nonfiction work about her friendship with writer Lucy Grealy. Also absorbing, I read it in the course of one day. I still have Bel Canto, The Magician's Assistant, Taft, and The Patron Saint of Liars to look forward to.

I've been very busy lately, and while there's plenty that still needs doing, and even more that I should be doing Right Now, sometimes taking a break from Accomplishing Things and just sinking into a book or two instead is exactly what one needs.

No comments: