Monday, August 5, 2013

Michigander Monday: Cori McCarthy

I'm pleased to welcome Cori McCarthy to Michigander Monday!

Debbie:  Cori, please tell us a little about yourself.

Cori:  I’m a young adult author living in western Michigan with my husband and toddler. I’ve only lived here for a few years—previously I lived in New England, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Debbie:  And, of course, we want to know all about your book.

CoriThe Color of Rain is a YA sci-fi thriller about going too far for someone you love. It is a bleak, edgy story—definitely not for the faint of heart! The suggested audience is 14+.

Debbie:  Other books or projects on the horizon?

Cori:  I’m working on a new young adult novel, as well as some middle grade historical fiction.

Debbie:  Upcoming appearances?

Cori:  I’ll be scheduling a few Michigan signings in the very new future. Please stop by my website at www.corimccarthy.com to see if I’ll be coming to your area. I would love to meet Michigan readers!

Debbie:  Do you have a favorite Michigan bookstore?

Cori:  I love Great Lakes Book & Supply in Big Rapids! They were so kind as to set up an online link for my friends and family to order signed copies of my book.

Debbie:  How about favorite placse in Michigan?

Cori:  I absolutely love Ann Arbor, as well as the dunes out at Silver Lake Park. So stunning! The sands remind me of Tatooine.

Debbie:  Do you have a Michigan event or happening that you love to attend?

Cori:  I love the Renaissance Festival in Holly in the fall. It is FANTASTIC.

Debbie:  A few fun Michigan people we should all know about?

CoriTirzah Price, a very good friend, runs The Compulsive Reader blog. If you’re interested in discussing young adult books, check it out at www.thecompulsivereader.com

Another friend,  YA author K.A. Barson, has a debut novel that just came out in July. Her book, 45 Pounds (More or Less) is a hilarious and painful story about weight issues and family stress.

Debbie:  Something you'd like a non-Michigander to know about Michigan?

Cori:  Michigan is huge and strange and lovely in the summer. The western half of the state has beaches that rival anything on the east coast…really!

Debbie:  Last question.  Some folks in Michigan refer to themselves as Michiganders; others Michiganians. For our ongoing vote tally: are you a "Michigander" or a "Michiganian"?

Cori:  I prefer Michigander!

Debbie:  We'll add you to the tally!  Cori, thank you so much for joining us today for Michigander Monday!

1 comment:

Urdu Novels said...

No doubt your site is amazing and I really like it. Nice writing, you are doing great effort, your way of writing is unique. Love this site.