Saturday, November 17, 2012

Signed Books

This time of year, I’m occasionally contacted by folks from outside of the area about how to get a book signed for a holiday gift.  If you’re interested in a signed copy of one of my books (The Pout-Pout Fish, The Pout-Pout Fish In The Big-Big Dark, or The Barefooted, Bad-Tempered Baby Brigade), you have a couple of options.

One option is for you to call the Eastwood location of Schuler Books.  You can purchase the book and shipping and ask that the book be held for signing before it is shipped.  Then I can go to the store and sign the book, and the bookstore can ship the signed book to you (or to your chosen recipient).

If you’re interested in this option, the Eastwood location (be sure to use that one) is at (517) 316-7495 (or, if you’re in Michigan, you can call 888 612 6657).  You’ll want to incorporate plenty of lead time if you need the book(s) by a specific date, because depending on my travel and work schedule, it could take as much as a week for me to get to the store to do the signing, and then the book still has to be shipped.  So be sure to contact me by email if you plan to order a book for signing, and we can figure out if the timing will work out.  I’ll also need to know how you’d like the book personalized (whose name you’d like it made out to, etc.)

The other option is to contact me and request that I send you a signed bookplate (basically a large adhesive sticker that you can place in the book, with my signature and any personalization/inscription you request).  I’m happy to send as many bookplates as you’d like.  Just contact me by email.

My email address is deborah [at] deborahdiesen [dot] com

Thanks!

No comments: