Thursday, August 9, 2012

The House of Gort

I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch a short documentary film about my friends Gina and Tim Gort and their kids Gwen, Violet, and Eliza.  In the course of the film's 16 minutes, you'll have moments of smiling and moments of crying; but what will endure is the quiet inspiration of two ordinary parents facing extraordinary circumstances and carrying forward with heart and head, with creativity and commitment, and with unwavering devotion to their kids.

The doors are open over at the House of Gort.  Please stop by for a visit.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I'm heading upstairs right now to give my little ones who are fast asleep some extra kisses. I was cranky with them at bedtime because I was just so ready to call it a day, but they needed water, milk, extra books and some snuggles, which I gave reluctantly. What a powerful reminder that I am one lucky momma to have two healthy kids whose "demands" are now in perspective. My thoughts and prayers are with the Gorts!