Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Workout Review: Minireview edition

This week I offer up not a full review but a mention of a couple of segments in a DVD I checked out recently called Shape: Make Over Your Butt, Hips & Thighs.

The main feature of the DVD is a 35-minute dance-style cardio workout.  This part of the DVD I do not do.  There's nothing wrong with it, and for folks with dance-workout inclination/skills (which is to say, for folks much more coordinated than I am) it could be a fun, short workout.  It's just not for me.

There are two additional DVD segments, though, that I recommend:  a short ballet-style leg workout, and a short Pilates/yoga workout.  Neither one is very long (maybe 10 minutes each?) but if you're looking for something quick to tack onto the end of something else, these are really nice.  Gentle but challenging, with some fun variations on the same old same old.  The instructor, Lisa Wheeler, is cheerful but not grating.  I'd love to see a longer workout by this instructor in the style of these two short workouts.

So this DVD might be worth a gander if you're looking for something short in the ballet/yoga/Pilates realm.

Other reviews here, herehere, and here.

No comments: