Friday, March 16, 2012

Poetry Friday: Three Spring Lunes

I'm not much of a poet, but I do enjoy playing with words. Lately I've been working a bit with the form of poetry known as the lune.  There are several version of lune poetry, but the one I've been using relies on a 5/3/5 syllable construction.

Without further ado, here are three lunes for a sunny March day:


Spring
A warm breeze whispers,
"Come on out.
Write me a love song."


Budding Divas
Emboldened branches
show off their
new accessories.


Fluency
To translate birdsong,
close your eyes
and give up trying.

3 comments:

Ann Finkelstein said...

Of course you're a poet! I love these.

Carole said...

Very nice post. Since words are your thing, you might be interested in a series of posts I have been doing on the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. The first one is: http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html
It has now evolved into a daily series. I find it great fun - much better than ordinary crosswords.

Debbie Diesen said...

Carole, I'll definitely take a look - thanks!