Sunday, March 20, 2011

Miss Zukas!

I enjoy reading mysteries, especially mysteries that are somewhat "cozy" (a subgenre of the genre).  I also very much enjoy mystery series.  One of my all-time favorite cozy mystery series characters is Miss Zukas.  So I was thrilled to read today in Jo Dereske's Spring 2011 newsletter that a new Miss Zukas mystery, Farewell Miss Zukas, will be released in June!

I'm sad that it's the last in the series -- I wish the series would continue indefinitely! -- but I'm avoiding thinking about that, and just focusing on the good news.

For a limited time, you can read Chapter One of the book by following this link:

http://www.authorsguild.net/members/jdereske/files/Farewellchap1.pdf

Miss Zukas is a very fun character.  If you haven't read any of the Miss Zukas books yet, I'd suggest starting at the beginning and reading the whole series.  Your library probably has most of them; and if not, a helpful librarian can help you with interlibrary loan.  Or you can purchase at your favorite bookstore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was googling my maiden name (Deborah Ann Zukas) and came accross your books with Miss Zukas in them. I've never heard of them and was wondering if I could get a list of the books. I have 2 sisters that would love to read these books. They might made cute christmas gifts. e-mail debbeelarkin53@yahoo.com