Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Workout Review: Jillian Michaels' "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism"

Even though I’m clumsy and uncoordinated and haven’t a speck of athleticism, I exercise regularly enough these days that occasionally I start feeling a bit complacent about it all.

Then along comes a workout DVD like this one and puts me back in my place!

Jillian MichaelsBanish Fat, Boost Metabolism runs almost an hour and is nearly nonstop motion. If you’re anything like me, this fast-paced workout will get your heart pumping and Totally Wear You Out. But don’t let that discourage you: you’ll feel great when it’s over, and not just because it’s over.

The main workout consists of seven six-minute circuits (short warm-up precedes this; short cool down after). No equipment is required. The exercises are mostly done standing, but are interspersed with some mat work. The instructor, Jillian Michaels, is occasionally a bit much (and if you were to play a sports-drink drinking game by chugging some Gatorade every time she says “Don’t phone it in,” you’d definitely stay hydrated), but she’s got a certain charm to her, and she keeps you motivated.

Overall, a great workout. I will definitely be adding this one to my rotation.

Other reviews are here and here; and a link to the Jillian Michaels empire, er, web site is here.

No comments: