Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Workout (for your computer mouse...)

On Wednesdays, I usually try to post a workout DVD review (specifically in the subgenre of workouts that even a klutzy middle-ager like me can do...), but I don't have a new one for you this week; and I don't suppose details of my snow-shoveling technique really count as a workout review.  So, since I got nuttin', instead I'll give you something completely different:  a link to a great blog post over on the MacKids blog.

MacKids is the blog for the Macmillan Children's Publishing Group (a group that includes FSGBYR; you may recall that Mr. Fish was once a guest on the MacKids blog, with a list of all his phobias), and there are new posts pretty much everyday by children's book authors and illustrators.  I try to look at the blog at least a couple of times a week.

I did so this morning, and I particularly enjoyed today's post by Cathleen Daly, author of the newly released Flirt Club and the forthcoming Prudence Wants a Pet.  I've never met Cathleen, and I haven't seen her book yet, but based just on her funny and insightful blog post, I'm definitely going to take a look at her book.

And while I'm off to look for a copy of it, you should head over to read her post, "The Book That Almost Wasn't."

2 comments:

Courtney Cook Hopp said...

Debbie - It is good to know that when we can't find a good exercise video we can always resort to reading blogs! Thanks for sharing Cathleen's witty post!

elizabethanne said...

That was a great post! Thanks for the link. (And your snow shoveling sounds like more of a workout than this middle-aged computer-chair-potato wants to be involved in!)