Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recommended Babies

I hope you'll allow me to indulge in a little bit of baby-pride.

First, a reminder.  Please take a moment to sign up for my Michigan Notable Books reading challenge.  It's me doing my small part to help encourage folks near and far to read books by Michigan authors.  Whether you live in Michigan or somewhere else entirely, all you have to do is look at a list of twenty books and pick a couple that you're willing to give a try to, and you could win a really great prize!  Easy, fun, and a nice distraction from the windchill.  (That's what's known as a win-win-win.)  Click here for the details.  I've got about a half dozen participants so far (some signed up in the comments; others have emailed me) but I'm aiming for 50 -- yes, 50! c'mon, we can do it! -- so please do sign up -- yes, YOU, if you haven't already! -- and then encourage a book-loving friend or two or ten to sign up as well.  Thanks.

Now, for the bragging bit.

My and Dan Hanna's two fishy books have come in for more than their fair share of kind mentions in blogs and on lists of various sorts.  I am thoroughly grateful for this!  But my and Tracey Dockray's bad-tempered babies have been a bit more under the radar.  Yet I have a real soft spot for those grouchy protestors, and wish they were crawling into more homes.

So I was very pleased to run across The Barefooted, Bad-Tempered Baby Brigade included on a "Great Books to Give as Christmas Gifts" list put together by the Richland County Public Library.

Gosh, yes, the book would make a great Christmas gift, wouldn't it?  :)

OK, end of shameless self-promo segment...

But really, I'm just happy to have the baby book be noticed.  It's available in many libraries, so if you're looking for a book to share with a little one, please don't hesitate to check it out!

No comments: