Saturday, October 9, 2010

What Have You Been Reading Lately?

Update 11/28:  Those of you looking for new reading ideas, I've finished this stack and a few more besides and now have a new "What Are You Reading" post up (including some thoughts on Twitter's "Friday Reads" feature).  So if you're looking for some new ideas for your reading stack, click here for my new post.  Or really, just head over to your library and browse the shelves like you usually do.  [Cue the "so many books, so little time" soundtrack...]  Then be sure to comment in with your latest suggestions. I'm always looking for something new and interesting to dive into!  Thanks.

-------
My poor neglected blog.  I've been quite busy lately with lots of storytimes and book events, including trips to great bookstores like McLean and Eakin in Petoskey and Literary Life in Grand Rapids.  More events are on the agenda for the next month or so, and then I'll settle into a no-event stretch over the winter.  My regular blogging will probably resume around that time.  Till then, it will continue to be spotty.

But as a placeholder for now (and to prevent dust bunnies from forming under my blog), I thought I'd do a quick blog entry about what I've been reading lately.  I hope you'll take a look at the links for these books (some are kids' books, some not), as you might enjoy reading them.
Currently on my reading stack (many of these selections inspired by meeting a bunch of nice authors at GLIBA), are:
What's on your reading stack?  What else should I add to mine?

2 comments:

Bryan Gruley said...

Thanks for adding my books, Debbie! Great meeting you at GLiBA.

Amy Huntley said...

In YA:
Gone
I Now Pronounce you Someone Else
Reality Check
A Curse Dark as Gold
Another Faust
Lady Macbeth's Daughter

In Adult:
The Pale Horseman
Carry Me Down
Child 44
(If you notice a theme, I'm trying to find new reading materials for my British Literature students)