Thursday, July 1, 2010

MSU's Grandparents University

Today I had the privilege and pleasure to be one of the instructors for Michigan State University's Grandparents University.  I taught a class about writing to a group of students (ages 8-12) and their grandparents.  The class members were enthusiastic and fun, and were all very patient with their I'm-new-to-this instructor (that would be me).

The Grandparents University program runs extremely smoothly, and it was a joy to play a small role in it.  Kudos to everyone involved in the program, and special thanks to the MSU College of Social Science (where I earned my undergrad degree) for inviting me to participate.  Great fun!

2 comments:

Ann Finkelstein said...

Very cool!

Susanne Drazic said...

Sounds like a fun day for everyone. What a great way for grandparents and grandkids to spend some quality time together.