Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Library-Loving Blog Challenge!

(For Fake Book News contest results, click here.)

The second annual Library-Loving Blog Challenge has begun, and I'm happy to be participating again this year!  For every commenter on this post between now and the end of Saturday, March 27, I will make a donation of 50 cents, up to a total amount of $75

Half of this will go to the Friends of the Delta Township District Library, which is my local library.  The other half will go to a small library established in the Green Meadow Apartment Complex in Danville, IL.  I've never been there, but I read an article earlier this year about a project there called "Weeds to Seeds: Growing a Neighborhood Library and New Library Users," which sounds like a very needed and wonderful effort.

Note that my pledge is “per commenter”—so if a single person leaves 50 comments, that still only counts once!  But please do comment - and I'd be especially happy if you shared a thought or two about your favorite library or library experience.

If you’re moved to make a flat-fee donation to your own library, or to start your own challenge, you are quite welcome, and please leave that information in the comments.

For a complete list of participating bloggers (and to visit other sites where you can help libraries just by leaving a comment!) visit the writerjenn blog at http://writerjenn.livejournal.com/