Thursday, October 22, 2009

Michigan Reads tour drawing to a close

Today is the last day of my Michigan Reads tour. I'll be in Hamtramck at 11 and 1 for my final stop.

What a great experience it has been! The children I've met, along with the parents, librarians, and teachers, have been wonderful, and inspiring. I feel like the luckiest person there is to have had this opportunity to travel throughout the state and share the joys of reading and literacy with children and families.

Once I've had a chance to catch my breath (and catch up my email, my paperwork, and my laundry!), I'll have a blog post or two about the Michigan Reads tour.

I also will get back to more regular postings to this blog, including the Michigander Monday feature (weekly profiles of Michigan children's book authors and illustrators); my off-topic but relevant-to-staying-healthy-so-I-can-write Wednesday Workout DVD reviews; and my earnest if awful Friday poetry.

Till then, head over to one of the blogs in the sidebar, and I'll be back in blog action soon!

No comments: