Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feeling Kreativ?

My friend Ann Finkelstein, a wonderful writer and a great blogger, was the recent recipient of a Kreativ Blogger award. I'm honored in her passing-it-along blog post to be one of the bloggers she lists as amongst her favorites, especially as I like her blog so much. But I'll admit, I also reacted by thinking: a) Uh, is this some kind of acts-of-kindness pyramid scheme? (we all know how I feel about those...); and, b) What's up with the kreativ spelling???

So... I called up my good friend Uncle Google and we did a little research.

Mind you, I only spent about 5 minutes on my "research" (it consisted of rather random Googling while eating Scrabble Cheez-Its and folding laundry). But if the search results are to be believed, the award -- originally handmade -- was started in Norway last year by a blogger named Huldas Verden. Click here for the Google translation of the original post and a step-by-step of the award's creation.

Apparently there come responsibilities with the award (of listing a few facts about yourself and then your favorite blogs and why you love 'em). But all this requires more concentration than a Cheez-It fueled brain can currently summon. So look for my list a little later this week.

In the meantime, thanks, Ann!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations!

Ann Finkelstein said...

What an interesting history of the award. Thanks for finding and sharing it.

Shelli said...

yay congrads!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Congrats! :)