Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go see "Craftsman Style" at the Muskegon Film Festival

If you'll be in the Muskegon area this weekend, be sure to take in the Muskegon Film Festival, especially on Saturday to see the documentary film Craftsman Style. (Schedule for the Saturday sessions is here.) From the description:

Craftsman Style
Documentary
54 min (Documentary Session #1)
Filmmaker: Dave Muylle
Craftsman Style tells the story of Dave Muylle, a veteran home-rehabilitation contractor turned citizen-filmmaker, and his two year journey to restore a former drug house in his neighborhood into a new home for his family. Best described as 'This Old House' for regular people, this documentary provides an account of the work done by Dave and his fellow craftsmen.

2 comments:

Dave Muylle said...

Thanks, Deb, for mentioning the film on your blog. The experience at the Muskegon Film Festival was great. And following your advice, I have recently begun keeping a blog on Word Press located here. I talk about the festival experience in a recent posting.

My friend, Tim Madden, the teacher at Hayes I told you about, helped me get the blog up and running. (Check out his blog here.

Debbie Diesen said...

Dave, I can't wait to see the film.

And I'm heading over now to take a look at your blog. Welcome to the blogosphere!