Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Life As An Elephant

Regular readers of this blog know that though I have many weekly features, not all of them are featured weekly. New readers may need a bit of reassurance that this week's lack of blogging is temporary, and in short order I'll be back to my Tuesday Tunes, Wednesday Workout Reviews, Poetry Friday, and Sandburg Saturday entries.

In the meantime, I thought I'd link you over to a page I found recently on my way to something else: a page for an elephant named Debbie, a former circus performer who now makes her home at the Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, TN. I had more than a little fun contemplating my elephant alter ego. I doubt the circus years were much fun, but she looks pretty happy now.

1 comment:

EJ said...

That's funny. I have been following Debbie's story (along with the stories of the other elephants at the sanctuary) via the sanctuary news letters.

We were not givers to the sanctuary, but the previous owner of our house was and we still receive his newsletters. Now we are supporters as well.

A wonderful organization and not a bad animal to share a name with. Myself, I had an Irish Wolfhound named after me. While a wonderful dog, not exactly the same kind of nobility.