Saturday, February 28, 2009

Something New For My Tastebuds

I had a nice visit with my parents today. They're extremely fine people. I'm extraordinarily lucky to have them as my parents, and I love them very much.

And I'm not just saying that because my Mom brought chocolate.

But while we're on the topic of chocolate, let me tell you a little bit about the chocolate in question.

It was Lindt (which is, as you know, my favorite chocolatier), but this chocolate was a little different than my usual 85. Get a load of it here.

It hasn't knocked 85% out as my favorite, but it's a nice second. Good advice, to try new things.

Thanks, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

I love how you talk about your parents. I feel much the same way about mine, and I only hope I earn such a show of esteem from my own kids someday!

About the chocolate--I was surprised recently to find out that there is a candy bar I prefer in the original, milk chocolate version. It is the Kit Kat. My husband bought me some dark chocolate ones, because usually this is my preference in general. Alas, my Kit Kat recipe must not be tampered with. And apparently my dark chocolate must only be enjoyed in a most pure state, without the distraction of crunchy wafers.

Debbie Diesen said...

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm such a dark chocolate floozy that I've been enticed by new dark chocolate versions of lots of old favorites -- Snickers, Reese's Cups, M&Ms, etc. -- only to discover that I prefer the original versions.

But as for dark chocolate on its own, only dark chocolate will do!