Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Harras" is to "Horses" as ________ is to "Lists"

Is there a collective noun to use with "lists"? That is, one can have a dule of doves, a kindle of kittens, a labor of moles, and a pledge of wasps; but is there something fun to say other than "a list of lists"? (By the way, head here for more collective nouns for animals.)

But until I learn what to call it, let's just say that Chicken Spaghetti has a pretty comprehensive collection of end-of-year Best Lists.

When I have time, I plan to look through them all and pull out the Michigan names that I recognize. If you get there before me, holler about any Michiganders you find on the lists.


P.S. Please, please don't suggest "meta-list." Too dull.

4 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

came to visit from Alice's. congrats!!!

Vodka Mom said...

anyone with the name of "Deborah" is TOP on my list....

Debbie Diesen said...

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll be a return visitor. My blog is a little amorphous, but I usually do a profile of a Michigan children's book writer or illustrator every Monday, and post an original poem every Friday (though I'm on a bit of a holiday hiatus from that currently). Other than those two features, anything goes.

Now I'm heading over to take a look at your blog! :)

Lori Van Hoesen said...

I did some research on those groups of animals a while back--my favorite to come from that was an exaltation of larks. :o)

What would you call a group of writers? A reem? An inkling? Any ideas?