Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good News, Bad News

In the good news column, I happened upon the Time magazine "best of" issue when I was stuck in a waiting room today. When I saw it, propped there in the rack, I instantly had visions of politely approaching the desk and saying, "Please, may I have this magazine? My book is in it!"

Unfortunately (as I suspected might be the case), not all of the Top 10 lists that are at Time's web site are included in the print edition, and the children's books list apparently did not make the cut. This didn't surprise me, but I still had kinda hoped. 'Twould have been neat to see the book title right there in Time magazine.

But I'm definitely not pouting. Whether it's in the print edition or not, it's still a very nice honor for The Pout-Pout Fish. No complaints from me!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Congrats, Debbie. But it does stink the kids' list didn't make it in!

Lori Van Hoesen said...

Aw, man.
Have you printed out/saved the webpage?
I'd imagine that website does get a lot of traffic. . . .It'll be interesting to see what it does for your book sales! ;o)

jama said...

Yay for Pout Pout making the Times list!! Congrats, Debbie. Have a great holiday season :)!

Debbie Diesen said...

Thanks for all the good wishes!!

For a mopey guy, Mr. Fish has had quite a great time this year.

Vodka Mom said...

damn that Time magazine.