Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Inside Out

I don't watch much TV (I know, I know; everyone says that -- but really, it's true). However, once every couple of months or so I turn the set on and troll through the channels. I tell my husband I'm conducting an anthropological survey of modern America, but really what it is is an opportunity to lie on the sofa and eat Cheez-Its right out of the box.

Anyway, this is how I came to learn this evening that there is now an Inside Out version of the classic (and to my mind, not to be improved upon) Junior Mints candy. I am -- let me look for just the right word here, um, oh yeah, here it is: dubious. Here's hoping Santa brings me the regular ones for my stocking this year.

In other totally random news, one of the blogs that I read offered up a YouTube video as a mental health break today, and I got a kick out of it. So I thought I'd share it with all of you. Because really, in a world so topsy-turvy that even Junior Mints get turned inside out, what could be better than a disco dance lesson from Finland? (Instruction for the first couple of minutes, then the floor fills up and lets loose at 2:19...)

I'm trying my hand at embedding the YouTube right here on this very blog. Let's see if it works, shall we?

2 comments:

Boni Ashburn said...

I bet you're sorry now that you missed my 40th birthday party- we Finns really know how to move! Ha!

Thanks for the laugh :)

Boni

Kay Grimnes said...

That was pretty darn cool, especially getting to listen for words I recognized. Yet I remember dancing this way well before Disco... I guess this makes me well seasoned, right?