Monday, October 20, 2008

Good News Department

Great news! Dan Hanna and The Pout-Pout Fish have received the 2008 Southern California Independent Booksellers Association award in the children's picture book category!

The award was announced this past weekend at the SCIBA trade show and Author Feast. Publishers Weekly has a nice write-up of the event here.

Yay, Dan!!


Also in the Good News Department (albeit in the minor good news division): I received notice today that a poem of mine, "I Dream In Fluorescent Colors," was awarded an honorable mention in the Writer's Digest 77th Annual Writing Competition, in the Rhyming Poem category. There are a full 100 honorable mentions in each category, but still, it was nice to receive the letter and certificate.

2 comments:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

Debbie that's great!! Will you post your winning poem this Friday? (please? :o))

Debbie Diesen said...

Lori, I don't think I'll be able to post the poem, because it's a shape poem and I doubt I can get Blogger to cooperate with my formatting.

But for you, I'll send you a copy. :)