Which is how, over at Boni Ashburn's blog, I happened to learn about Carrie Jones' Literary Terms glossary over on Through the Tollbooth. If you're a writer -- and probably even if you aren't -- you'll likely get a kick out of her definitions. The listings are split over a number of posts, but I, as designated kind soul of the day (and procrastinator extraordinaire) have compiled the links here for your blog-reading pleasure:
- Glossary terms A-F, including the common author malady "Amazonaddictionitis"
- Glossary terms G-K, including a rundown on grammar and a response to the oft-offered writerly advice about your darlings
- Glossary terms L-P, including a money/hot dog wrappers explanation
- Glossary terms Q-U, including semicolons and theme demystified
- Glossary terms V-Z, including Xanthippe