Sunday, July 27, 2008

Something Fishy Going On...

Oh, the joys of googling. I googled "National Fish Lit Day" and found that, no, there isn't currently a holiday devoted to the role of fish in children's literature. But this doesn't mean there can't be, does it? What's that positive thinking mantra (no, I don't generally use it, but it's scuttling around the brain here somewhere - ah, yes, here it is): If it's going to be, it's up to me. So I guess I'll have to unilaterally establish one. Bluuuub!

First I'll have to decide when Fish Lit Day should fall. It'll be a day to read a good fish story (I already have a good start on a Fish Lit bibliography, thanks to Lori's Fish on a (Time) Line write-up) as well as a day to eat some fish crackers and fish-shaped cookies. And, gosh, every holiday needs a song or anthem, so I'll have to whip one of those up, too.

I'll take any and all suggestions in comments, or by email. Bluuuub!

1 comment:

Ann Finkelstein said...

May I nominate Old Man and the Sea and Moby Dick?