Thursday, June 5, 2008

Start of a New Season

Being a parent of school-aged children, today is a significant day for me: it's the last day of school. The kids are excited, and we're all looking forward to a new routine and some summer adventures. But I've also had a few maudlin moments today as I've reflected on just where we're at. This past school year was my younger son's first and my elder son's fourth, and each school year that I've experienced as a parent has seemed to go more quickly than the one before.

Life sure scuttles past in a hurry. May this summer hold more than its fair share of lemonade.

1 comment:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

Ah yes. I'm right there with you. I waffle between, what in the heck am I going to do with them? And, What in the heck am I going to do when they're gone? *Sigh*.