Sunday, June 1, 2008

Here I Could Write A Masterpiece (er, well, maybe not...)

In early May, I had the unique pleasure of spending the night aboard the docked WWII submarine U.S.S. Silversides, along with a pack of Cub Scouts. Onboard, there were many things I expected, but this room was a surprise: a tiny little office. Being old enough to wax nostalgic for the days of the typewriter, this room struck me as being a not-half-bad writing spot. It was to my credit that I didn't sneak off from the Scouts and have a go at it.

Perhaps the U.S.S. Silversides has a future as a writing retreat locale (though lack of plumbing is probably a major drawback...)

2 comments:

Debbie Diesen said...

I have a question for those who are more blog savvy than I am (that would be all of you). After I originally posted this blog entry, I realized I hadn't added the links I meant to include; so I went back later to revise the blog post. I added the links and changed a few other things.

My question: for those of you who use a blog reader or feed, does that cause the blog entry to post multiple times to you?

I ask because I'm inclined to think there may be entries here and there which I need to go back and revise (for typos, whatnot); but I don't want to do so if that will cause trouble for those of you who read this blog with a method other than coming to the blog page itself.

Thanks!
DLD

P.S. Hopefully this question won't show up twice. My first attempt to post this comment disappeared entirely (which also attests to my blog savviness level -- 'nuff said...)

Ann Finkelstein said...

I am a compulsive modifier of my entries. My mistakes never seem to show up until the darn thing is posted. I've never had it post more than once.